- by Kill3rCombo, KOG Games
Elsword is the 2D massively multiplayer online roleplaying game from South Korean developer KOG Studios. The game has multiple regional publishers, with Nexon for the Korean market, Gamania for Taiwan and Hong Kong, NHN for Japan, Giant Interactive, Gameforge for EU, and KOG Games for the North American regions. Originally released in 2007, Elsword is available for play on Microsoft Windows platforms.
How Many People Play Elsword?
We estimate that 31,803 people play per day, with a total player base of 836,924.
- Subscribers: 836,924
- Daily Players: 31,803
- Genres: Action, Adventure, RPG, Casual, Massively Multiplayer
- Platforms: PC
- Released: 2011-05-04
The Players and Daily login numbers are estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment.
Elsword is a fantasy MMORPG set in the world from Elrios and its different regions. Most of the action takes place in the regions of Lurensia and Fluone, the two major continents of the world. It is on the world of Elrios that the power of the El was bequeathed to the land and its inhabitants.
Players in Elsword take the role of one of the characters in the story, such as Elsword, Eve, Aisha, Rena, Raven, Chung, Ara, Add, Lu/Ciel, Rose, Ain, Noah, and Laby. Unlike other MMOs, each character has their own backstory and questlines, but can have different Job progressions. Each character can choose a Job upon reaching Level 15.
For instance, Elsword can choose between the Sword Knight, Root Knight, Magic Knight, or Sheath Knight. Later at level 30, advanced classes can be selected. There is also Transcendence at Level 70, 3rd jobs, and Master class as the character continues to progress.
Key to the game mechanics in Elsword is the various modes and functions. Combat includes mastering the Awakening Mode, Fever, Mana Break, and Stoic Thresholds. The most powerful of these is the El Resonance, which can only be attained by characters that reach level 99.
Aside from gaining levels through combat, Elsword has other activities and goals to achieve. Dungeons can be discovered and unlocked, with some having multiple difficulty levels. There are Fishing and Pet expeditions, Professions, Wedding, El Search Party Collection, gaining Titles, as well as the Guilds. Guilds can be formed to acquire a Guild Base for Guild Expeditions and Guild Farming.
About This GameElsword is a free-to-play, online action RPG that uses classic side-scrolling beat ‘em up gameplay mechanics and deep customization to bring a unique manga experience to life.
In Elsword, you star in your own comic book while experiencing all the excitement of a massively multiplayer online game. Get ready for fast-paced gameplay, stunning animation, and epic bosses. Whether conquering hordes of enemies in dungeon runs or showing off your skills in the PvP arena, Elsword is the most intense free-to-play action RPG to date.
Key Features•Co-Op Gameplay - Party-up with friends to explore over 50 unique and beautifully rendered dungeons, towns, and secret levels.
•Unique Characters, Unique Stories- Players can choose from thirteen customizable characters, each their own unique story, play style and special skills to develop.
•Skill-Based PVP Combat- Elsword offers intense and strategic PvP with matchmaking and multiple competitive modes. Challenge your friends in matches of up to 8 players at a time.
•Customize like Crazy- Each character features multiple job changes, dozens of skills and endless opportunities for customization. Create or discover your personal look.
•Community Support- Constant game updates, item and content expansions, and special events including GM Livestream play sessions, community contests and PVP Tournaments are all a part of the Elsword experience.
- OS:Windows 7 (32bit)
- Processor:Intel/AMD (2GHz)
- Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
- Hard Drive:14GB or more free space
- OS:Windows 7 (64bit)
- Processor:Intel Core i3 or better
- Memory:4GB or higher
- Graphics:Nvidia GeForce GT 240 or better
- DirectX®:9.0C or better
- Hard Drive:16GB or more free space
2007 video game
|Genre(s)||Fantasy, action, MMORPG|
Elsword (Korean: 엘소드) is a free-to-play, 2.5DactionMMORPG developed by the South Korean company KOG Studios. It features real-time action gameplay and includes both player vs. environment and player vs. player modes. There are fourteen playable characters within the game, each with unique backstories and distinct abilities. While playing the game is free, some items and costumes can be purchased through an in-game "Item Mall" using real currency. The game was originally made with the intention of being the spiritual successor to Grand Chase by upgrading the graphics from 2D to 2.5D.
Elsword features skill-based action gameplay combined with role-playing elements and community features typical of an MMORPG, such as guilds, chat, and item trading. Gameplay can be controlled using either a keyboard and mouse or a gamepad. It is based on arcade Beat 'em ups, and require the player to properly execute combos within the specific range of their character much akin to a fighting game, mixing the elements to provide a side-scrolling beat 'em up fighter.
See also: List of Elsword classes and characters
In the world of Elsword, player are able to choose classes by choosing a character, each with their own backgrounds and characteristics. Each character is able to choose from three job paths, each with their own fighting mode and personalities.
As of August 2016, all classes can advance to the "Transcendence mode" where they gain two new passives, one active, and three special actives starting from level 70, and two additional skill slots. Transcendence is also considered as a third job advancement, despite being a same class.
When characters achieve level 99 and having Transcended, they can advance to 3rd job, by either purchasing an item from the mall (this applies to all jobs) or completing the quest provided by an NPC. The quest is the same across classes and characters.
Different types of skills are automatically unlocked as a player levels up. The player can also choose skill traits for a skill (only Special Active, Active, and Buff), which grants additional buff like damage increase, mana usage decrease, and anti-mana break skill, with some cost, a sacrifice like cool down skill or mana usage increase.
Elsword's skills except Passives and Hyper Actives are also divided into four types: Flexibility (Active skills), Tenacity (50~120MP), Strength (150~200MP), and Bravery (250~300MP).
- Passive – an always-on effect without any mana cost, as long as the conditions are met. There are many types of Passives, e.g. increases attack or defense, gives special effects, or enhances other skills.
- Active – requires some mana to activate; mana cost and cooldown is very low but does not do significant damage. Actives may damage an opponent, may help the player's allies, or even restore health or mana. Mana cost ranges from 0~100, and cooldown ranges from 0~65 and can be modified using other skills.
- Buff – gives the player and allies a special effect or a power boost for a limited time when activated. Its activation can be easily interrupted, so it has a very short cooldown. There are also skills called De-Buff Skills that weaken an enemy for a short time. Mana cost ranges from 50~80, cooldown ranges from 10~30, and buff duration ranges from 3~100.
- Special Active – has a special skill image when activated. The damage is relatively powerful, so it has a very high mana cost. Most Special Actives cannot be used in a combo, but there are some that can. Special Actives have a very low chance of being interrupted as character gained invincibility frame, but if it is, its mana will not be refunded and its cooldown will start. Mana cost ranges from 35~300 and cooldown ranges from 5~30
- Locked Skills – require completing a quest to be unlocked. After completing the quest, Camilla gives the player a skill unlocking book that can unlock a certain type of Locked Skill. Due to this downside, they are usually stronger than most skills. Once unlocked, it can become a Passive, Active or a Special Active. There are four locked skills for every character: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert, unlocked at level 30, 40, 45, and 60, respectively. The higher the Seal Level, the harder it is to unlock.
- Chain Skill – Exclusively for Ara, she is able to 'cancel' a skill and resume it with another skill. A chain skill has four skills in it. If the skill succeeds, she will perform the fifth skill, which is not available in her skill tree. Royal Guard and Noblesse are also able to use Chain Skill, linked a skill each performed by Lu and Ciel, and resume it by performing a Combination Skill.
- Combination Skill – only available for Lu/Ciel. It is a skill that utilizes them both to do a strong attack. It does not require any mana, but it requires a full Switch Gauge and depletes it completely. There is also no cooldown, as it takes a long time to gain full Switch Gauge.
- Hyper Actives – strongest skill; may be unavailable on other servers. It is also a locked skill and can be unlocked at level 65. Hyper Actives may decrease an enemy player's life to half or even cause a One-Hit Kill when landed successfully. They require 300 MP to use and have a 180-second cooldown. Additionally, Hyper Actives use up one El Essence, which can be obtained from El stones (one El stone yields three El Essences). The 180 second requirement can be lowered down by 60 seconds (leaving 120-seconds) with the usage of Concentrated El Essence.
Players traverse the land of Elrios, defeating enemies and leveling-up to unlock new job classes and skills. As players explore the world, they travel to thirteen unique regions, each containing a "hub" town and around six dungeons. In towns, players can receive quests from NPCs, purchase items, and interact with other players. Dungeons are instanced, usually offering co-op play for up to four players at a time. Some dungeons feature branching paths, light puzzle-solving, and interactive elements such as collapsing buildings. The game also features a number of special dungeons. Presently, there is a total of 91 different levels.
There are thirteen different playable characters as of September 2019, each with three different job class paths (except Rose who has four) that can be chosen starting at level 15. Each job class path offers specialization in a different play style along with unique skills.
Player vs. player (PvP) takes place in a special sparring arena designed for different numbers of players. Up to eight players can brawl at the same time. Both "survival" (i.e. everyone vs. everyone) and "team" modes are available, with team battles supporting up to 4 vs. 4. Servers have the option to fight 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, and 3 vs. 3 matches. In the Korean version of Elsword, 2 vs. 2 was removed due to its unpopularity. This option was also removed later in the North American and European version, but was re-installed on July 14, 2014 for the North American version and on July 30, 2014 for the European version.
As of December 4, 2015 Elsword servers for the Philippines, Indonesia and India have now been merged into the Elsword International Server, which is published by KOG Games.
There are a series of manhwa based on the game, published by Korean publisher Haksan Culture Company in a series of magazines called ElType. The magazines are published by KOG Studios, the creators of Elsword. They involve a main story in each magazine with short comic gags at the beginning and end. After the first four volumes were released, the series went on a hiatus due to the main artist of Elsword leaving. KOG later created a short series of manhwas different from ElType, involving Chung and his transformation into his second job advancement. During the release of Ara, ElType was rebooted with a new team of artists, entitled ElType Season 2. The first volume introduced Ara and her lore, along with numerous different short comics, each illustrated by several different artists. Add was later featured in Eltype Season 3.
An official guide was released on October 2, 2000.
In 2014, an Elswordmanga-style webcomic was released in Brazilian territory, exclusive to the website. It was written by Fábio Yabu, responsible for the already established series Combo Rangers, and is freely available. The webcomic is aimed at children. There are twelve volumes of the webcomic and one special volume.
There is a seven-page mini manga about Lu and Ciel.
Main article: Elsword: El Lady
An animation version of the game titled Elsword: El Lady adapts the story from Hamel to Lanox. DR Movie produced the anime while NZ wrote the story. The anime is scheduled to have 12 episodes, each 12 minutes long. The first episode released on a screening event on December 10, 2016, following the online release 3 days after. The original cast from the game voiced their original character with the exception of Aisha.
A light novel series focuses on Add, set in an alternate reality from the game. The story is written by NZ and illustrated by Takoman, and is titled Elsword: Time Trouble. The first volume was released on August 7, 2015. So far, eight volumes were released. Each comes with an in-game accessory.
Relationships with Grand Chase
Elsword was originally a reboot of Grand Chase, another MMORPG created by KOG Studios. The two shared many similarities, such as Elsword, Aisha, and Rena, formerly named Elesis, Arme, and Lire, respectively, who were a few of the main characters of Grand Chase. The original Elesis was also eventually released. The obvious identical traits were scrapped when Elsword came out of beta testing, as the two games were hosted by different companies. However, there are many similarities between the two games, such as similar skill systems, names, character stories, traits, and monsters.
American horror films. - Well, what are you staring at. I said that Larisa was missing. And who are you to her. Husband.
The man said rather and hung up, putting on defiant makeup, pulling his hair into a ponytail and wearing red lace underwear and black high-heeled. Shoes,Vera wrapped herself in a long gray raincoat and at the appointed time left the house and silently sat in the back seat of the car that had arrived for her.
The girl was brought to a country house she already knew, near which there were several cars.The Elsword 2021 Experience
I again went to visit my grandmother. This happened in January after the winter session. There were few passengers. In my car there were two young conductors, 23 years old (Oleg and Andrey).
You will also like:
- Impractical jokers tonight
- Metal storage drawer
- Ebay usa iphone
- Steam sniper elite
- Puppy linux wine
- Clean docker registry
- Venus williams youtube
- Veradek square planter
- 2200 montrose st
- Suzuki intruder vl800
- 14 sailboat
- If left excel
- Aot poster amazon
So he began to walk, I felt unpleasant, and with a sharp jolt entered into Like Fenimore Cooper. And then, my son, his friends and their two girlfriends swam to this hut on a raft, climbed onto the flooring along a rope ladder (tied in advance). And sat in this hut until dark.