Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd.
Mold-Tek Packaging Ltd.
KEI Industries Ltd.
Transport Corporation of India Ltd.
Indian Energy Exchange Ltd.
JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd.
Galaxy Surfactants Ltd.
Tata Steel BSL Ltd.
KPIT Technologies Ltd.
Brigade Enterprises Ltd.
Syngene International Ltd.
Kirloskar Ferrous Industries Ltd.
Computer Age Management Services Ltd.
Navin Fluorine International Ltd.
Amber Enterprises India Ltd.
Sona Blw Precision Forgings Ltd.
Orient Electric Ltd.
Neogen Chemicals Ltd.
Solar Industries India Ltd.
Westlife Development Ltd.
State Bank of India
VIP Industries Ltd.
Cera Sanitaryware Ltd.
KNR Constructions Ltd.
The Federal Bank Ltd.
Vardhman Textiles Ltd.
Divi's Laboratories Ltd.
Kaveri Seed Company Ltd.
Rossari Biotech Ltd.
Cash & Cash Equivalents
SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Endurance Technologies Ltd.
Chambal Fertilisers and Chemicals Ltd.
Info Edge (India) Ltd.
IPCA Laboratories Ltd.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
Bayer Cropscience Ltd.
91 DAY T-BILL 14-Oct-2021
G R Infra projects Ltd.
Clean Science & Technology Ltd.
Mold-Tek Packaging Ltd.-Partly paid Right
Know moreSours: https://www.principalindia.com/mutual-fund-list/equity-funds/principal-small-cap-fund-direct
Great! You have sucessfully subscribed for newsletters for investments
Link copied to clipboard
Sorry! A report card for this scheme is not available because it has been in existence for less than 3 years.
About Principal Small Cap Fund
- Principal Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth returns of last 1-year are 108.18%. Since launch, it has delivered 47.02% average annual returns.
- The fund has the majority of its money invested in Technology, Services, Chemicals, Construction, Financial sectors. It has taken less exposure in Technology, Services sectors compared to other funds in the category.
- The fund's top 5 holdings are in Persistent Systems Ltd., Indian Energy Exchange Ltd., Can Fin Homes Ltd., Kei Industries Ltd., Dixon Technologies (India) Ltd..
Find your investor personality!
Answer a few simple questions and understand why you take the financial decisions you do.
Current value of investmentCurrent value
You would have earned ₹ 1,001 more by investing in ETMONEY Direct Plan
Disclaimer: Products compared like fixed deposits may provide fixed guaranteed returns. Mutual Funds investments are subject to market risk, read all scheme related documents carefully. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.
- Top Stock Holdings
- Allocation by Market Cap
- Allocation by Sector
Top Stock Holdings
Persistent Systems Ltd.3.19%
Indian Energy Exchange Ltd.2.79%
Allocation by Market Cap
Allocation by Sector
- Top Debt Holdings
- Allocation by Credit Quality
- Allocation by Instruments
Top Debt Holdings
Reserve Bank of India0.03%
Allocation by Credit Quality
Bifurcation by Credit Quality is not available for this fund
Allocation by Instruments
Sign-up for free to view fund's trailing returns and ratings
|Period||Trailing returns||Category average||Rank within category|
|1 month||10.79%||8.7%||3 / 23|
|3 months||18.31%||12.47%||1 / 22|
|6 months||53.28%||46.1%||3 / 22|
|1 year||108.35%||102.63%||6 / 19|
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk
The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by predominantly investing in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies.
Mr. Mohta is a MBA (Finance), Financial Risk Management
Has over 16 years of experience as an Equity Analyst/Finance Manager.
Mr. Gopalakrishnan is an MBA from Bradley University, USA and Masters in Finance (Investments) from Drexel University, USA.
Prior to joining Principal Mutual Fund, he has worked with Canara Robeco AMC, PGIM India Mutual Fund, Hudson Fairfax Group,USA, and Sun F & C Asset Management Ltd.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 022-67720555 / 1800-425-5600
- Address: Exchange Plaza - 2rd Floor - NSE Building,
"B" Wing-Bandra Kurla Complex,
Persistent Systems Ltd.3.19%
Indian Energy Exchange Ltd.2.79%
Can Fin Homes Ltd.2.64%
Kei Industries Ltd.2.5%
Dixon Technologies (India) Ltd.2.38%
Laurus Labs Ltd.2.35%
Mold-Tek Packaging Ltd.2.35%
Multi Commodity Exchange India2.19%
Tata Elxsi Ltd.2.12%
Birla Corporation Ltd.2.06%
KPIT Engineering Ltd.2.06%
KPR Mills Ltd.2.04%
KPIT Technologies Ltd.2.03%
Brigade Enterprises Ltd.1.9%
Transport Corporation Of India Ltd.1.86%
Galaxy Surfactants Ltd.1.81%
Neogen Chemicals Ltd.1.79%
TCI Express Ltd.1.78%
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.1.73%
Westlife Development Ltd.1.64%
Solar Industries India Ltd.1.56%
PNC Infratech Ltd.1.54%
Amber Enterprises India Pvt Ltd.1.5%
Bhushan Steel Ltd.1.49%
Timken India Ltd.1.44%
Force Motors Ltd.1.43%
VIP Industries Ltd.1.42%
Blue Star Ltd.1.41%
Navin Fluorine International Ltd.1.4%
Orient Electric Ltd.1.4%
Syngene International Ltd.1.38%
JK Cement Ltd1.38%
JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd.1.36%
Cera Sanitaryware Ltd.1.32%
Computer Age Management Services Ltd.1.31%
Bajaj Finance Ltd.1.24%
State Bank of India1.24%
KNR Constructions Ltd.1.12%
Cosmo Films Ltd.1.11%
Rossari Biotech Ltd.1.04%
Vardhman Textiles Ltd.1%
Federal Bank Ltd.1%
Divi's Laboratories Ltd.0.96%
Bank Of Baroda0.86%
ICICI Bank Ltd.0.78%
Astral Poly Technik Ltd.0.78%
Minda Industries Ltd.0.73%
Kaveri Seed Company Ltd.0.72%
SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.0.71%
HDFC Bank Ltd.0.67%
PI Industries Ltd.0.61%
Info Edge (India) Ltd.0.61%
Ipca Laboratories Ltd.0.54%
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.0.45%
Rallis India Ltd.0.06%
Clean Science And Technology Ltd.0.02%
Mold-Tek Packaging Ltd - Partly Paid Equity0.02%
G R Infra Projects Ltd.0.02%
Reserve Bank of India0.03%
Already invested externally in
Principal Small Cap Fund?
Import external investments on ETMONEY to:
- Manage all your investments in one place
- View and track fund details, updates and more
- Switch to direct and earn upto 1% extra returns
It's about your money! Take our Free Investor Personality Test. Know how to make investment decisions that are right for you
You have already selected 4 funds. Please remove a selected fund to compare this one.
Frequently asked questions
Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Read all scheme related documents carefully.
SEBI Reg. No. INA100006898 | ARN - 112749
NAV as on 14 Oct 202124.39000.21 (0.87%)
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan as of 14 Oct 2021 is Rs 24.3900 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 103.88% (1yr) and 43.99% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 97.03% (1yr), 27.88% (3yr) and 18.26% (5yr).
3. The Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan currently holds Assets under Management worth of Rs 473.31 crore as on Sep 30, 2021.
4. The expense ratio of the fund is 2.48% for Regular plan as on Aug 31, 2021.
5. Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan shall attract an Exit Load, "For units in excess of 24% of the investment,1% will be charged for redemption within 365 days"
6. Minimum investment required is Rs 5000 and minimum additional investment is Rs 1000. Minimum SIP investment is Rs 500.
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years60.13%
Suggested Investment Horizon>3 years
Average time taken to double the money since inception1 years 5 months
Fund NAV Range
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
1. Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan is Open-ended Small Cap Equity scheme which belongs to Principal Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on May 13, 2019.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that " The scheme seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by predominantly investing in equity and equity related instruments of small cap companies. "
2. It is benchmarked against NIFTY Smallcap 100 Total Return Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 94.58% in equities, 0.03% in debts and 5.39% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 24.87% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 39.72% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Growth oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 7.69% in giant & large cap companies, 42.77% in mid cap and 49.55% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan?
A: Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan belongs to the Equity: Small Cap category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan?
A: The Principal Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan is managed by Ravi Gopalakrishnan (Since Jul 29, 2019) and Siddarth Mohta (Since Apr 22, 2019).
Data Sources: Mutual Funds, ETFs, and NPS data are sourced from Value Research
Principal Small Cap Fund-Reg(G)
Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the scheme information and other related documents carefully before investing. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. Please consider your specific investment requirements before choosing a fund, or designing a portfolio that suits your needs.
Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. (with ARN code 69583) makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, on products offered through the platform. It accepts no liability for any damages or losses, however caused, in connection with the use of, or on the reliance of its product or related services. Terms and conditions of the website are applicable.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
SEBI Reg. No. INZ000241638 | ARN - 69583
Fund principal smallcap
As I understand it, I tried to defuse the situation, well, regarding Mishka's miracle, and, along the way, regarding my lower hairstyle. But still on the topic. In short, the point boiled down to the fact that now there are free men and women in this bathhouse, and that they themselves can choose their partners.Principal Global Opportunities Fund
It happened in the year when I finished school and entered the first year of the institute. Once on a day off I went to wander around the city. Going into the park, I took a bottle of beer and sat down on a bench, soon an elderly man of 50 -55 years old sat down with me.
- Character assets unity
- Ezgo hubs
- Escherichia coli microbiology
- Fanfan restaurant
- Nzxt 3000 series
- Lorena miranda
- Shipping homebrew
- Rugrats vhs 1998
This is not a dance, it just squeezes me and whispers in my ear, preparing me for the very thing for which we are gathered here. Kristinka, do you mind that I took my Friend with me. So it turned out you don't bother. I know that you are cool and relaxed.