I'm seriously disappointed in the customer service I received from Samsung. Very, very poor and completely regret giving them a chance to use their products.
Basically I got in touch with their support team, with regards to this matter, and received a snooty email back basically washing their hands of the issue.
Apparently as I had bought my watch through eBay the serial number was for a different country and the UK support team wouldn't be able to help. I was told to get in touch with the support team in the country I bought it - explained I bought it in UK but still wouldn't help. Pathetic in every sense of the word. To get it fixed I'm apparently to travel to Germany, France or whatever country it's from to get them to repair it.
Wow thanks Samsung. Now I'm left with a very expensive watch which I can't use. Pretty much going to have to bin it - and that REALLY annoys me. Especially when it would take Samsung UK a few minutes to reload software.
I've now passed my Samsung Galaxy Book to my wife, bought a Huawei Watch 2 smart watch (runs Google's Wear OS) and I'll be looking at a Google Pixel 3 phone to replace my S8 when it's launched in October.
I'd heard Samsung support wasn't very good, now I have first hand experience if how really bad it is.
Poor show Samsung.
Learn how to master reset the Samsung Gear S3 frontier using the menu.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card.
- From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Gear info.
- Tap Reset Gear.
- Tap the check mark to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reset. The device is reset to its factory settings.
Master reset with hardware keys
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, and contacts. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card.
If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn the Gear S3 off.
- Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
- Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
- Press and hold the Home key to select.
- Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.
- Electric moped kits
- Vintage chianti bottles
- Datadog github integration
- Gardening tools vector
- Fish anatomy drawing
Perform a soft, factory, and alternate master reset of the device.
- There are multiple ways to reset your device if you are experiencing issues. The first step is to power cycle your device. Press and hold the Power/Home button, then select Power off.
- To turn the device back on, press and hold the Power/Home button until the screen lights up.
- If a power cycle doesn't resolve the issue, you can perform a factory reset. A Factory data reset will revert the device back to factory settings. It will permanently erase all personal data, preferences, settings and content such as pictures, ringtones and apps that are saved to the device. It is recommended that you save (backup) important data before proceeding. To perform a Factory data reset, from the clock screen, press the Power/Home button.
- Rotate the bezel, then select Settings.
- Navigate to, then select Gear info.
- Navigate to, then select Reset Gear.
- Select the Check mark icon.
How to factory reset your Samsung smartwatch
Suzana Dalul / Android Authority
Is your Samsung smartwatch having performance issues? Or are you planning to sell it soon? A factory reset might be in order. All Samsung wearables use Tizen, Samsung’s own operating system. So, whether you have the latest Galaxy Watch 3 or an older watch like the Samsung Gear S3, the factory reset process will be almost identical. We will help you with a step-by-step guide. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung watch.
How to back up your Samsung smartwatch
Before you begin, you should consider backing up your data. Smartwatches might not hold as much important information as our phones do, but a backup saves you the hassle of having to personalize your settings all over again. This process is relatively painless on any Samsung wearable. Here is how to back up your smartwatch:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Scroll down to find the Account and backup section. Tap it.
- Make sure the correct Samsung account is connected, then tap Back up and restore, followed by Back up data.
- Choose which settings and apps you want to back up from the list and toggle Auto back up on or off.
- Press the Backup button on the bottom of your screen. This will take a couple of seconds. Once the process is complete, you can press Done and proceed with your factory reset.
We should note, however, that images and music saved on your watch will not be backed up. Make sure you have copies of them elsewhere because a factory reset will erase them along with the rest of the data on your watch.
See also:The best smartwatches you can buy
How to factory reset your Samsung watch
Factory resetting your Samsung smartwatch is quite simple. There are three ways you can go about it: factory resetting directly through your watch, using the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone, or hard resetting via reboot mode. Here is how each method works:
Smartwatch factory reset
- From your smartwatch’s home screen, swipe left twice to reach the app drawer.
- Tap on the Settings icon and scroll down until you find General. Tap it.
- Scroll to the bottom to find and select the Reset option. You will be prompted to confirm your choice. Tap on the tick to factory reset your Samsung smartwatch.
Galaxy Wearable app factory reset
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone. Make sure your watch is connected via Bluetooth. Tap on the Connect button if it’s not and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Once connected, scroll down to find the General section. Tap it.
- Choose Reset from the displayed options. Tap Reset.
Manual factory reset
If your smartwatch is having performance issues, you might not be able to connect it to your phone or reset it through its settings. In this case, you will have to perform a manual hard reset.
- Turn your Samsung smartwatch off by pressing and holding the power button (usually located in the bottom right side of the watch face). If it’s not responding, keep holding the button until the watch reboots.
- While it’s rebooting, press the power button multiple times in quick succession. This will cause the Select Reboot Mode screen to appear. Select Recovery by scrolling through the options with the home button.
- The device will reboot once again and perform a factory reset, erasing all of your data.
These are all the methods you can use to factory reset your Samsung watch. Did we help you solve your issues? Let us know in the comments below.
Next: The best fitness trackers you can buy
How Tofitness trackers, Samsung, smartwatches, Wearables
Gear s3 reboot
How to reset or hard reset a Samsung Gear S3 frontier
If your smartwatch Samsung Gear S3 frontier it works very slow, it hangs, you have a full memory and you want to erase everything or you want to sell it or give it away and you want nobody to be able to access your accounts and passwords you can do a factory reset so that it returns to be like the first day.
In the following steps we explain how to format the Samsung Gear S3 frontier to erase all your information and make it totally clean as it came out of the store.
You must bear in mind that a reset or return to the factory state in a smart watch erases all its content so you should make a backup of your data before doing it if you do not want to lose everything.
There are two ways to do a reset on an Samsung Gear S3 frontier one through the mobile options and another more complete from the recovery mode.
Restore from the options of Samsung Gear S3 frontier
Estimated time: 5 minutes.
If you want to make a reset using the device options to return to the factory state an Samsung Gear S3 frontier you have to follow these simple steps:
1- First step:
Access the configuration menu or “Settings” of your Samsung Gear S3 frontier.
2- Second step:
Swipe or browse the screen until you reach “General” and click on General
3- Third step:
Click on “Restore” and confirm the selection by pressing the “Done” or “Confirm” button
4- Fourth step:
Your device Gear S3 frontier from Samsung it will restart and take several minutes to start while restoring the device to its factory state and optimizing the applications pre-installed in the operative system Tizen-based wearable platform 2.3.2.
If these instructions have not worked, try to follow the following steps in your Gear S3 frontier:
Go to the “Settings” and then scroll to “General Administration”. Click on “Reset device” and then confirm by clicking on “Done”.
Go to “Settings” and then scroll until you find the “Gear Information” option. Click on “Reset equipment> restore factory values” and finally, click on “Done”.
Restore Samsung Gear S3 frontier from a mobile phone
If you want to reset the Samsung Gear S3 frontier from a linked mobile phone follow the next steps.
1- You must have installed the application “Galaxy Wearable” on the phone from which you want to perform the smartwatch format Samsung Gear S3 frontier.
2- Open the app “Galaxy Wearable”.
3- Click on the “Settings” option, then click on “Search for my watch” and finally click on “Restore”.
4- After this your smart watch will restart and restart with the factory settings of the operating system Tizen-based wearable platform 2.3.2.
Users rating on reset a Samsung Gear S3 frontier
4.51 / 10 (71 votes)
Chapter 14 In the morning, Regina was awakened by an insistent knock on the door. Damn it, Ill wake up myself someday, and not to this swotting. Who the hell did you bring so early.
You will also like:
- Autometer oil pressure
- Spin nyc 54
- X box systems
- Australian labradoodle midwest
- Youtube manual transmission
- Beck bedding
Probably told that he found our photographers. the coach was not surprised. So you already know Jones to talk, and I was insanely hungry.